If you are looking for the best Asbestos Attorneys Philadelphia or mesothelioma lawyers new york in then this article is for you.
In this article, you will get all the details about it.
Asbestos Attorneys Philadelphia
In the United States, asbestos is regulated and monitored by the Environmental Protection Agency in order to protect the environmental health of both humans and animals. Here is a brief description of some of the types that are banned.
The agency places five different types on its list:
- Amosite (AS2)
- Amphibole asbestos (CA7-8)
- Crocidolite (CR1-2, CR5-6, crocidolite fibre or “African blue”).
- Tremolite (Tremolite resin or “white asbestos”).
- Actinolite (Asbestos dust or “white asbestos”).
There is a broad array of health and environmental effects associated with the use of these products, including:
- Short-term lung cancer, mesothelioma, and other respiratory diseases.
- Chronic bronchitis.
- Cancer of the bladder, ovaries, and kidneys.
- Cancer of the stomach and digestive tract.
- Skin disorders.
- Risk of miscarriage and fetal death.
- Risk of lung cancer for residents who lived in an active mine region or work with asbestos.
- Risk of other cancers, including cancer of the gastrointestinal tract, upper respiratory tract, and pharynx; lung cancer; skin cancer; and cancer of the larynx.
- Increased risk of non-cancer lung diseases, especially chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD).
- Cardiovascular disease.
- Exacerbation of asthma resulting in an increased rate of hospitalization.
- Altered immune system function.
- Development of tumors and birth defects.
- Development of breast cancer in women exposed during pregnancy to great occupational levels as well as during breastfeeding and childhood.
According to the World Health Organization, there is no safe level of exposure to asbestos.
Asbestos Attorneys | Mesothelioma Lawyer
If a home, office, or building that you spend time in has been found to contain asbestos and it poses a health risk to you, you might need the services of an asbestos attorney.
The attorneys at our firm are personal injury lawyers who exclusively represent victims of asbestos exposure. If you have been diagnosed with mesothelioma or lung cancer and have developed occupational exposure to asbestos at work, we can help. Asbestos is a known carcinogen. It has been banned as a construction material in the United States and many other countries, but it remains dangerous when it escapes from the destroyed buildings and homes that contain it.
Asbestos is either mined or manufactured in asbestos cement products or mixtures that contain no less than one percent asbestos by weight. Some types of asbestos are mined or manufactured in the form of an insulator, flame retardant, fire-resistant material, textile fiber, or mine dust. Asbestos is still present and dangerous in the environment as well.
The health risks associated with asbestos exposure depend on both the type of asbestos fiber and the number of respirable fibers that you have been exposed to over a period of time. The World Health Organization has classified four types of asbestos:
Although many types of asbestos are used, most commonly insulation and cement are employed for construction projects.
Mesothelioma is the most common asbestos-related disease, which quickly leads to death. Asbestos exposure can cause several other types of cancer and diseases, including asbestosis, lung cancer, and pleural thickening.
Our law firm has been representing mesothelioma victims and their families since 1999. We have recovered more than $30 million in compensation, verdicts and settlements for our clients. We offer a free consultation to anyone who suspects that they have been exposed to asbestos.
I hope you all like this article which is completely dedicated to Asbestos Attorneys Philadelphia, if you want to ask anything related to this article then please comment below.